When you pay with iDEAL, you use online banking from one of the participating banks. Wherever you see the iDEAL logo in a webshop, you can pay with iDEAL. Your payment will takes just a few steps:
- You select iDEAL as your payment method.
- You select your bank.
- You are forwarded to the online banking offered by your bank, where you login as you are used to.
- Your payment details are already completed and all you have to do is approve the payment.
- Your bank immediately displays a payment confirmation.
- You return to the webshop and your order and payment have succeeded!
Our online demo shows how an iDEAL payment through your own bank works, step-by-step: from shopping cart to payment confirmation. View how simple it is!
The iDEAL payment description always includes the name of the organisation you paid. However, it is possible that customers do not recognise the name of the beneficiary because some organisations (web shop or other online organisation) outsource the collection of payments to third parties. These third parties are known as Collecting Payment Service Providers (CPSP). In that case, it will be the name of the CPSP that is listed first on your account statement. This does not affect you. The CPSP will ensure that the right party receives your payment.