During the Heart Week that ran from 17 to 23 April, it was possible to make payments with an iDEAL QR code for the first time. Fundraisers from the Hartstichting (Netherlands Heart Foundation) therefore set off with collection boxes bearing an iDEAL QR code sticker to gather donations.
You will come across iDEAL QR codes everywhere in the future – on invoices, receipts, screens (TV, laptop, shop display, etc.), (bus shelter) posters and your television.
The iDEAL app
A special app has been designed for scanning the QR codes. With the iDEAL app, iDEAL QR codes can be safely scanned to make an iDEAL payment. Secure, easy and reliable – exactly what you have come to expect from iDEAL.
When you install the app, you can select your preferred bank. The mobile banking app of this bank is launched when you confirm the iDEAL transaction in the app.
Although these codes can be scanned with every app, you can only initiate an iDEAL payment with the iDEAL app. This makes it secure. An iDEAL QR code can be recognised by the iDEAL logo in the middle of the QR code.
How does an iDEAL payment with the QR code work?
Follow the steps below and experience how easy it is to pay using an iDEAL QR code.
- Install the mobile banking app of your bank if you don’t have it on your phone already.
- Download the free iDEAL app from the App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile phone.
- Scan the iDEAL QR code with the iDEAL app.
- You will be connected to the mobile banking app of your bank, where the payment information will be displayed.
- Press ‘pay’ to pay in the usual manner using the mobile banking app of your bank.
- You will then return to the confirmation page of the receiver.
Make a test payment
Would you like to test how quickly you can pay with an iDEAL QR code? Scan the iDEAL QR code with the iDEAL app and make a test payment of € 0.01.